I am re-energized. I am encouraged. I finally said something that resulted in 2 comments. That's fabulous. And even more fabulous is what our commentors said - the EC blog is a good thing and should continue. Well, you have my commitment to continue to do my part.
Eva asks some excellent questions. IAC is in the process of developing its Web 2.0 strategy. Part is experimentation - SIGs got a green light to have at Web 2.0 and some are trying different approaches. In particular, I applaud IS&P SIG's Webinars that are pulling more government folks into their meetings. Part is well planned - the newly installed IAC software for supporting internal operations with the pending new portal for an improved face to our constituents combine to enable IAC to incorporate Web 2.0 functionality. A communications team led by Sarah DeCarlo is working on IAC's planned new web site now. The intent is for the new site to be released no later than June 30.
But we can do more. Just last week I talked to Dan Twomey about how we can bring more focus through SIG activities to Web 2.0 issues. I agree that we should be reaching out with those pockets in the government that are active online and document best practices and/or explore approaches to better engage citizens. I think Obama has been clear about his desire for citizen involvement. IAC needs to look at where we can offer expertise in this regard. Several SIGs are including Web 2.0 topics in their workplans, but we will look at what other topics should be addressed and how the various SIG activities with respect to Web 2.0 should be coordinated.
So, all in all, we are on the path but certainly haven't gotten to nirvana with respect to our Web 2.0 activities. IAC would benefit from greater engagement by those of you who are particularly interested in this area.
To both Jim and Eva, a sincere thank you for your comments. You have made my day.
Leslie
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Leslie:
I am also re-energizing my IAC activities, and am delighted to have been asked to serve on the Anniversary Committee. Looking back is prelude to looking forward, and the contributions of ACT-IAC to our community are numerous and substantial.
In many respects, the "doomed to repeat history" saw has great applicability to ACT-IAC - in a positive way. If we can repeat past, in fostering communications and improving working relationships, we will have continued to enrich the Community.
Don Arnold
Well said. In this case we wouldn't be doomed but lucky. Thanks for getting involved in the anniversary committee.
Post a Comment