The long history of the IAC Executive Leadership Conference has almost always included "Special Events". When performed by some of IAC membership people could get confused with "Special Olympics"! But honest these have been socially oriented sports event to create a bit of esprit de corps between government and industry. Events such as Golf and Tennis. Over the years has been added the Volksmarch, 5K run/walks, and the ever, growing popular - wine tasting.
The last couple of years we have tried to add some "unique" events. Last year we tried to utilize the courts at the Williamsburg INN for lawn bowling. Only had two people sign up so we cancelled.
This year it was suggested that we have a Tour de ELC as there are many bike trails in and around Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown. Once again I figured no one would sign up so I offered to lead the ride! (Golf here I come.) Much to my surprise 20 people have signed up for the ride. Mind you this is intended not to be a cruise but a real, 30 mile, shift the gears, move out, look like Lance Armstrong as much as possible, haulin' ride to Yorktown and back.
Well no golf but I am looking forward to tuning up the bike, and travelin' to Yorktown. Should be fun. Bring your bike Sunday morning at the parking lot of the Lodge if you are interested. Cost is $0 and we will have rescue vehicle following!
Jim Beaupre
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment