Friday, October 24, 2008

IAC's 20th Anniversary

This is the 3rd in my flurry to catch up and let you know what's going on around IAC. Our 20th!
I think it is a big deal. 20 years. And for ACT its 30 years. We will be celebrating with a gala. But wait, that’s not all. I couldn’t resist typing that but no I am not selling knifes on late night TV. As part of our celebration (not all in the same evening) we will be looking back and forward.

I think it is useful to look back because the impact ACT/IAC has had on the federal IT community is nothing less than remarkable. ACT/IAC provides a unique, public-private collaborative environment. It is indeed “a model of how government and industry can work together” as has been written of ACT/IAC. The accomplishments of the organizations and the individuals that led those efforts deserve recognition and celebration.

I also think it is useful to look forward because I am confident that the impact ACT/IAC will have on the federal IT community will continue to be nothing less than remarkable. We want to consider visions of what our shared government-industry IT community will look like in ten or twenty years, and what issues we will confront in the future. Sometimes the best way to put today’s issues in perspective is to consider the future. Sometimes, well, it can just be fun to prognosticate.

How do we accomplish this look forward? That’s an open question which Ellen’s anniversary committee and the programs and strategic initiatives committees of the EC are all pondering. We are open to suggestions. My stipulation is that the activity should be open to all interested members and that the results should be captured in some form. If you have ideas, please let Ellen Glover, Mary Ellen Condon, Andy Robinson or I know… in person, by phone or by email… or by posting a response to this blog entry.

Leslie

No comments: