Sunday, November 23, 2008

Election Thoughts

I find it interesting that I have not yet commented about the election - the national election that is. While I don’t have an interest in getting political here, this is significant from many perspectives. Although, mostly what I find right now is a sense of relief that it is behind us. Now we can get back to the business of moving forward.

This pause, while we wait for announcements about the new appointees, and whether or who will be the new CTO, and where it will fit, and a whole host of other questions, is a welcome break. I suppose the speculation can be fun. But I find that I am not really interested. I rather take this time to catch my breath before charging forward. And, it will be a charge.

For IAC, the new administration will bring a host of new efforts. We will connect with a new CIO Council and likely a new CTO; SIGs will focus on new priorities; programs will seek to introduce the new administration members to our members; and the transition study group will work to influence the administration’s thinking. Through these are other activities, we will seek to ensure that the new administration understands the value of collaboration with industry and the value of the ACT-IAC partnership. If, or rather when (since I noted in my last posting that I am an optimist), we succeed in that endeavor, then we will set the stage for another 20 years of positive impact.

Leslie

No comments: