I am curious why no one has ever posted any comments. We did get early feedback from one person, unnamed, that we should open the blog up to member responses. We did. I thought we would get some member comments. Not many, but some. So I am left wondering why there are none. Is it because everyone agrees with what I write? Nice thought but clearly that can’t be the case; while an optimist, I am also a realist. Is it because no one reads this? Am I talking to myself? In a time when transparency is being demanded, I certainly hope that is not the case. However, I have asked a couple of members if they read the blog and received a query about how to get to it in response. That’s not a good sign. I have communicated about this blog a few times. Let me try another answer. Is it because people don’t bother to write supporting comments and don’t want their name in print associated with negative comments? I suspect that’s the root of it. In fact, one person said as much to me. My response is that IAC is a volunteer driven organization. If you want this organization to serve your needs, then raise your voice. If it is, say so and why. If it isn’t or could do better, then say so. While I think IAC does lots of great things, we can do better. That is certainly what I have been focused on but this isn’t just about my voice. Your negative comment doesn’t really have to be negative. It can be expressed as an opportunity to improve. Or, maybe you have your own random musings that you would like to share.
Left curious,
Leslie
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment