Friday, November 14, 2008

Miscellaneous Musings

Thanks Jim for your post. Of course, once again I have been negligent. ELC was great. I would say the best ever although I might be slightly biased. Actually, I thought the plenary speakers were interesting and definitely engaged the audience. Same in the tracks. That was the best part – the level of dialogue.

I just came back from a SIG leads meeting. It was terrific to hear the long list of SIG activities. For those who are not engaged with a SIG, you ought to be. They are generating interesting content and engaging in interesting dialogue. It really is a great way to learn, to hear about what others are doing. It is easy to stay in our boxes and think we understand all that is going on. But unless you plug in, you don’t know.

On another interesting note, a few IAC folks recently met with Rob Carey and Van Hitch about the new CIO Council committee that they are leading on identity management. They had a great dialogue (there I go with that word again) on how IAC and IAC SIGs can help. The government learned, IAC connected, all good. As we move forward in the next year, I think it is important to make more connections with the CIO Council. It’s a group that should really understand the value of IAC. Right now, some, but not all do. So we will take on the challenge to change that.

But for now, its been a long week and I am headed home. Or, if I’m lucky, out to dinner.

Leslie

No comments: